Student Supervisor (multiple positions)
Effective immediately, Human Resources is accepting applications for the position of Student Supervisor (multiple positions) at Lincoln Center Elementary. This is a temporary position effective when students are on site, and based on the school calendar. The district is currently in the hybrid mode, with students on site Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday. The position will work 3.5 hours per day; 10:15 AM to 1:45 PM. Rate of pay is $15.81 per hour.
To be considered for a position, please visit our website at www.sspps.org to submit online application. Posting will remain open until filled.
Supervise students under established rules, policies and procedures in a variety of areas including classrooms, hallways, lunchroom, and gymnasium.
- Supervise students in classrooms, lunchroom, playground, hallways or gym.
- Supervise students participating in designated classroom activities as assigned.
- Supervise students during breakfast or lunch periods.
- Oversee breakfast or lunch clean up.
- Communicate with students in a positive and supportive manner.
- Assist with creating and maintaining a positive and safe environment for all students.
- Manage student conflicts using established procedures and processes.
- Intervene in inappropriate behavior and record major behavior issues on the office referral form.
- Ensure students line up and move through school in an orderly and safe manner.
- Be a positive example by modeling respectful behavior and using problem-solving strategies.
- Adhere to district policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with groups of elementary-aged children preferred.
- Training or experience in conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to treat all students respectively and equitably.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email, internet navigation and Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision.