Elementary Special Education Educational Assistant
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our team for the 2020-21 school year. BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- Honoring each person's intrinsic value enhances our community.
- Our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- Caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one's higher potential.
- Life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity and success.
- Everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- Partnerships among students, families, schools and community benefit all.
SPECIAL EDUCATION ASSISTANTS support Brooklyn Center learners by:
- Assisting and tutoring students with instructional and non-instructional activities including homework, classroom assignments, toileting, feeding, dressing, mobility, etc.
- Establishing positive relationships with students and acts as a role model for appropriate social skills and behaviors in all situations.
- Adapting classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Helping teacher(s) manage student behavior by applying proactive strategies.
- Assuming safety responsibilities for students in all environments.
- Reinforcing instruction through individual or small group activities; keeps students focused on tasks assigned by teacher(s).
- Maintaining service logs and records on students.
- Assisting with preparation of lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment and demonstrations.
Pay and Benefits: Start at $16.24/ hour, more based on qualifications. Benefits based on the contract
Duty Days: 171 duty days (school year position), 6.5 hours/day
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We're not a community on the fringe, we're a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we're moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.Application Process:
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.