Short-Term Substitute - Health & Physical Education Teacher
ASSIGNMENT LENGTH: Immediate - January 2021
Responsible for teaching students in grades K-12 in specific subject/content areas of age-appropriate study. Help student learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible young men and women consistent with the Board-approved mission, policies, goals and curriculum. Work schedules vary with the school and teaching assignment. Work may be performed after school hours, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement a program of study based on the curriculum guide. Teachers may employ a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the needs, interests and capabilities of the students.
- Establish a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Assess student progress on a regular and consistent basis.
- Teach School Board approved curriculum and participate in regular curriculum review and rewriting processes.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and — in harmony with the goals — establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and to communicate these objectives to students.
- Work cooperatively with and special education staff to implement program and student IEP (Individualized Education Prescription).
- Evaluate student academic progress; keep appropriate records and prepare interim reports, report cards.
- Available to conference with students and parents for education-related purposes at a mutually agreeable time.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records, as required by law, Board policy and school administrative requirements.