Anticipated Kitchen Worker II (4 hours)
Provide students with attractive and nutritious meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness, and friendliness which meet the requirements of the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program as set forth by the federal government. Use your knowledge, understanding, aptitude and competence in the performance responsibilities listed; good work habits, dependability and ability to work without supervision; ability to maintain positive relations with students, school
personnel, and citizens at all times; knowledge of proper food handling and proper use of cleaning chemicals. Must maintain a high ethical behavior and confidentiality of information as required by law.
- Verify adequate supply and proper display of food; maintain correct food temperatures. Serves students, faculty, and staff and replenish food on serving line.
- Assists with food preparation as instructed by supervisor.
- Apply principles of safe and sanitary food handling; preparation and storage. Complete required HACCP documentation.
- Verify adequate supply and proper display of food; maintain correct food temperatures.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area, counters, tables and other equipment; cleans up spills as they occur in the kitchen work area. Cleans all items used including trays, pots, pans, and utensils. Cleans refrigerators and storeroom shelves.
- Complete daily production report, and other reports as assigned.
- Occasionally operates the point of sale according to established procedures, ensure security of daily receipts.
- Rotates stock, date leftovers, date received food items, record used products when removed from inventory.
- Review menu each day to know what components constitute a reimbursable meal.
- Participates in all required training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with school policy, administrative regulations, state and federal laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School or GED
6-12 months Experience in food service preferred
Valid Driver's License Required
Job Type: Part-time 4 hours