Title: Food Service Cook
Qualifications: 1. High School Diploma
2. Good math aptitude
3. Basic computer skills
4. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
5. Such other qualifications as the Board/Superintendent may deem appropriate
Reports: Building Principal & Director of Food Services
- Uses State Food Service Code mandated guidelines for handling, and serving perishable foods.
- Helps with counting money and recording payments accurately on a weekly basis.
- Uses a computer for Swipe card system and all reports
- Must have knowledge of the procedure to record meal counts, inventory sheets, and production records.
- Reports malfunctioning kitchen equipment to the proper office.
- Maintains an organized kitchen and inventory.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary kitchen mandated by Food Service Codes.
- Lifts fifty pounds on occasion as necessary.
- Displays an efficient and friendly manner with students, parents, staff, and coworkers.
- Must have regular, predictable attendance and follow instructions from supervisor.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards job related growth and improvement.
- Assumes responsibility for following the guidelines for the Food Service Program.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by the Building Principal or Supervisor.
Matteson ESD 162 is an equal opportunity employer.