Posted a month ago
Flagstaff Unified School District No. 1
Position Title: Routing Supervisor
Supervisor: Transportation Director/Operations Manager
Hourly Rate: $18.52 - $20.37/hour (depending on experience).
Pay Grade: 13
Schedule: 40 hours/week (hours and times TBD); 12 Month position; Benefits offered; Arizona State Retirement System.
SUMMAR OF FUNCTION
The Routing Supervisor is responsible for coordination the daily operations of routing to ensure excellent service and customer satisfaction.
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Two years of school bus transportation or dispatch experience required
- Two years experience with CAD/CAM system with emphasis on student transporation and equivalent experience required. Database experience a plus.
- Class B CDL with air brake, school bus and passenger endorsements and Certification through Department of Public Safety for Arizona School Bus Driver
- Pre-employment and random controlled substance testing, as well as post accident if required.
- D.O.T. physical completed by a qualified physician.
- Must possess a valid First Aid/CPR
- Valid Arizona Department of Public Safety IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Post hire - Complete satisfactorily, a minimum of forty (40) hours training with a driver trainer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine the needs of the District by reviewing demographic data and planning and reorganizing bus routes based on number of students, starting and ending school times, accounting for late student activities requiring transporation.
- Maintain student demographic data, map of District boundaries, including address system; provide assistance to building staff with student input data to ensure consistency in records.
- Modify attendance boundaries and report in the system. Develop alternative for consideration by the Director of Transportation, Assistant Superintendent of Operations and the Superintendent.
- Monitor workflow, review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures. Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objective, policies and procedures.
- Review software with vendors to keep databases current.
- Develop protocols for dispatchers.
- Coordinate with dispatchers to ensure they are providing drivers with the most current route, student information, schedules, maps, and directions.
- May be required to drive when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in the Flagstaff Unified School District. Please submit a complete application. Education information must be included in the application. Complete work history needed for proper placement on the salary schedule. If this information is not complete, your application will be returned. Please be sure to include current certificate and IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card, if applicable to the position. All applicants (including current district employees) must submit a complete online application.
Current Internal candidates, please contact Human Resources @ HR@fusd1.org for hourly rate information. Years of service and grade movement (up or down) will be considered.
All employees are subject to a criminal background check. The Flagstaff Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender expression, sexual orientation, military status, age, national origin, or disability. Offers of employment, contingent upon funding.