Technology Specialist, Full Time
Please download the attached document for a full Job Description.
Primary Functions (Job Goal)
Augments the current technology hardware and software support resources throughout the district by providing a variety of routine and technical computer work associated with the successful maintenance and daily use of computer-related technology.
Reports To (accountability)
Executive Director of Information Services
Qualification / Local Requirements
- High school diploma or GED. Preferred minimum 36 hours college credit hours recently completed in IS/IT/MIS or related military experience.
- Technology related field of study preferred.
- 3 years of progressively responsible professional IT experience.
- Working knowledge of information technology systems and networking theory, principles and current practices and developments.
- Working knowledge of the application and integration of wireless technology systems.
- Working knowledge of server and desktop operating systems, including Windows and Linux.
- Working knowledge of the application and integration of audio, video and related communication systems.
- Working knowledge of the latest revision of Microsoft Office and the Google Apps productivity suite.
- Ability to solve independently most minor problems.
- Ability to communicate professionally with staff and students to determine their needs, concerns and/or nature of problems that may be relative to the use technology equipment or software.
- Skills in the proper, safe use of the following:
- Basic hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, side-cutters.
- Basic power tools such as a small electric drill.
- Basic measurement tools such as a DVM and Network Media Checker.
- Pre-employment medical examination, including tuberculosis clearance.
- Pass a Regional Office of Education Fingerprint / Background Clearance including Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands:
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, due to need to lift and transport computer-related equipment.
- Occasional carrying, pulling and/or pushing.
- Occasional climbing and balancing.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling.
Completion of mandated training through Global Compliance Network
16 Paid Holidays
FLSA Non Exempt Status
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.