In-School Suspension Supervisor/After School Detention Supervisor
Description: In School Suspension Supervisor/After School Detention Supervisor
Location: Platte Canyon High School/Fitzsimmons Middle School
Schedule: 2020-2021 School Year
8 Hours Per Day
Salary: $12 per hour based on experience.
Benefits: Eligible for PERA Retirement Plan
Sick/Personal days earned at 1 day for every 20 days worked
Full-Time employees are eligible for the District Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance)
Free employee access to District indoor swimming pool, workout area, and District property that offers hiking, mountain cycling, and a disc golf course
- Must have ONE of the following: 1. At least 48 credit hours completed at an institute of higher education; OR 2. An Associate's (or higher) degree; OR, 3. Must be able to demonstrate through a formal State or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics. (Testing is administered through the School District)
- Clear background report through fingerprint submission to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and FBI.
- One year of professional experience with appropriate age group desired.
- Physical ability to do some lifting.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively with staff and administration.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to take initiative during instructional activities.
- Must be willing to be trained in Best Practices and instruction techniques.
- Appreciation and acceptance of diversity.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED Certification or ability to obtain one.
Responsibilities: Coordinate in-school suspension. Supervise students in the in-school suspension room. Follow building discipline procedures as directed by the Principal and/or Assistant Principal. Must exhibit flexibility as well as excellent discilinary skills, maintaining sound control over student behavior. Assist students with assignments as required. Other duties as given by immediate supervisor. Supervise after school detention for the high school students.
Application Procedure: Apply online at www.plattecanyonschools.org
Platte Canyon School District
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, the Platte Canyon School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in admissions or access to its programs and services, or employment in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures for Title IX and Section 504 have been established for students, parents and employees. Compliance Officers have been assigned to coordinate compliance activities for the District. Written complaints of alleged discrimination should be addressed to one of the following individuals at the Platte Canyon School District, 57393 U.S. Highway 285, Bailey, Colorado 80421.
For employment-related complaints:
Mike Schmidt, Superintendent – District Compliance Officer
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER