Vacancy for the 2020-2021 School Year
Reports to the Comptroller. The Accountant shall assist the Comptroller with the supervision of financial reporting in order to provide an efficient financial accounting procedure in the school district.
One or more years of experience as Accountant
Required to pass criminal history background check, physical and show proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Performance of Duties:
1. Serve as a liaison between Accounting Department, Program Managers, Purchasing and Transportation Departments regarding budget status.
2. Maintain currency of all journal entries into system, and oversee their status in budget and finance system.
3. Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports as requested by various federal, state and local agencies.
4. Report to Comptroller on matters of status of special projects.
5. Analyze budget status reports, monitoring all activity to assure that overcharges are avoided.
6. Reconcile budget status report with monthly cash report and with special project reports.
7. Oversee all input of data into system.
8. Provide general assistance to Comptroller.
9. Oversee entry of charge-backs into system.
10. Prepare monthly Board Secretary's Report and other financial reports used to effectively manage district finances.
11. Oversee the collection of funds for rental of real estate.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Comptroller.