Title 1 Para, Special Programs
HOURLY RATE: $16.18
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 33.33
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 060724
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT – PERMANENT
SUMMARY: Assist students in Specialized Programs by providing specialized individualized instruction; including academic support, monitoring behaviors, functional life skills in a Title I designated school. Assists student in maintaining personal health and hygiene functions; assists students to and from classes and bus stops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide support in general education setting in order for students to fully participate in class activities. Assists students in Specialized Programs by tutoring, adapting work and monitoring and enforcing social and acceptable behavior. May assist with administer testing or assessments. Assists instructor with related paperwork. Implement specialized therapy programs; work directly with therapists on physical progress and Individualized Education Plans (IEP).
2. Assist special needs students in performing daily routines, including getting to and from class and bus stops, using toilets, diapering, feeding, medical needs and personal hygiene, including working with tracheotomies, feeding tubes, and catherization. Support behavior plan implementation.
3. Sanitize, disinfect and clean learning environment and general work area of all bodily fluids.
4. Facilitates and encourages speech and language development through the use of alternate communication systems such as sign language or voice activated computer systems.
5. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
• Must meet one of the following requirements, which are:
o AA or 2 year college degree, OR
o Completion of 48 college semesters hours, OR
o Passing of state CDE approved paraprofessional examination, OR
o Complete Personal Commitment Plan to meet requirements within a defined timeline
• Willingness to work with students receiving special education services (training opportunities provided).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
• CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
• Universal Precautions training required within 3 months after entering position.
• CPI/Safety Care training certification required within 3 months after entering position
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.