Special Education Teacher - Math
Working from one of our Family Service Centers in Pennsylvania, the Math School Special Education Teacher will “virtually” teach instructional programs for students with special needs. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program. The Special Education Teacher will participate in all steps of the IEP process. They will work closely with other teachers and district professionals to ensure that the school’s special education program is successful and operating in compliance with federal and state regulations. The Special Education Teacher will utilize technology to deliver virtual instruction.
- Manage and provide instructional guidance, virtual teaching and general strategies for a caseload of students;
- Develop, write and help implement IEPs;
- Assist with grading assignment and assessments, complete report cards and conduct parent conferences;
- Communicate regularly with parents/learning coaches of students with special needs to insure that their IEP goals are being met, and that their needs are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Consult with teachers and coordinate the implementation of specially designed instruction as defined in the IEP regarding students with specific needs and potential learning issues;
- Provide direct services to students including services delivered through web-conferencing software, as needed;
- Schedule, organize and conduct IEP related meetings in a virtual environment, as needed;
- Participate in the school’s Student Support Team; help teachers and learning coaches develop and implement program modifications and strategies for all students;
- Assist, as needed, with the organization and proper implementation of all paperwork, documentation and procedures for the IEP process;
- Collaborate with service providers for students needing related services as mandated by their IEPs;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the school’s Learning Management System and special education software;
- Assist with administering state testing and coordinate the special adaptations that are required based on the IEP
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state testing events (may require occasional overnight travel)
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to support some families
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role. Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed.
- Travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Degree in Special Education or related Education Field
- Valid Special Education credential grades K-12 in Pennsylvania
- Mid Level or Secondary Math PA Teaching Certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- Dual Certification
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Commonwealth Charter Academy is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.