Working from one of our Family Service Centers, the School Psychologist will oversee a full range of school psychological services to children ages 5-21, including screening and assessment, designing remedial educational programs, individual and group counseling with school staff, parents, and outside agencies as appropriate. The School Psychologist functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure that students have the opportunity to succeed academically, socially, emotionally and behaviorally.
Implement all procedures to meet compliance standards as outlined by the PA Department of Education. Collaborate with independent contractors of educational services and review written material as is necessary.
The School Psychologist will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Screen and evaluate referred children including selecting appropriate instruments, administering tests, observations, and writing reports which state the evaluation findings and provide educational program recommendations;
- Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and the individualized education program (IEP) committee contributing evaluation findings and collaborating on the child’s education plan;
- Provide collaborative consultation and documentation of results including assisting education staff with suggestion and implementation of RTII and providing recommendations and modifications to assist education staff in working with students receiving special education through Commonwealth Charter Academy;
- Consult with parents, teachers, and other appropriate staff regarding the child’s program and any adaptations/materials needed to facilitate improved performances in the classroom or at home;
- Provide applicable professional development to staff and Commonwealth Charter Academy families;
- Maintain appropriate data on students to document current levels of performance and other pertinent information. Re-evaluate, as appropriate, to determine extent of progress and effectiveness of therapy ;
- Establish and monitor the necessary caseloads, procedures, and resources to manage school psychologist services to student/staff and work cooperatively to accomplish the goals of the IEP and Section 504 Plan;
- Adhere to ethical standards and codes of the profession and to the established rules, regulations, and laws governing special education programs. Participate in activities that promote professional development and use clinical/educational research to enhance therapy services;
- Support and implement Commonwealth Charter Academy policies, procedure and administrative directives;
- Submit reports promptly and efficiently;
- Deal with obstacles and constraints positively;
- Assist with other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Special Education and the CEO of Commonwealth Charter Academy;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in School Psychology or related field
- School Psychology certificate issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Experience in public school setting preferred
- Member of Association of School Psychologists of Pennsylvania preferred
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft Office products)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrate the ability to adjust to and use new approaches in the performance of personal duties
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role. Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed.
- Travel may be required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree Preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Commonwealth Charter Academy is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.