Special Education Teacher Assistant – Positive Approach to Student Success (PASS) - Sherwood Elementary - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted a month ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Special Education Teacher Assistant – Positive Approach to Student Success (PASS)
Job Title: Special Education Teacher Assistant – Positive Approach to Student Success (PASS) Reports To: Building Principal Classification: Paraprofessional (Clerical/Teacher Assistant) Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: 188 Salary: See Compensation Plan for Paraprofessional/Administrative Support Staff, Pay Grade 203 Contract: None Date Revised: 12/3/2019 Primary Purpose: Assist students and teachers in the general education and special education classroom. This position focuses on students who require behavioral interventions. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- Minimum of 48 college hours or high school diploma/equivalent plus pass a District Assessment.
- Educational Aide Certification.
- Ability to work with children and adults using appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to team with campus staff to support students with behavioral challenges.
- Must become MANDT trained.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- Ability to use the computer.
Responsibilities: Instructional Support:
- Adhere to Texas Education Agency and district policies and procedures.
- Assist in carrying out the instructional program under the supervision of the teaching personnel.
- Assist in preparation, use and maintenance of instructional materials and equipment.
- Assist with teacher planned activities, exercises and drills.
- Assist in maintaining student data using a computer-generated system (training provided).
- Assist students using behavior intervention strategies.
- Support students in the general education classroom.
- Participate in specific program training and professional growth activities.
- Follow teacher instruction and guidance.
- Perform other duties as required.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Computer and other technology used in classrooms. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Frequent walking in campus hallways.
- May require occasional extended hours.
- Physical capacity to lift, transfer and otherwise assist students with physical disabilities (e.g. ability to lift 50 lbs.).
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
1700 SHERWOOD FOREST, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558