School Psychologist part time
POSITION: School Psychologist - part time
LOCATION: North Laurel Early Learning Academy
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education and Building Principal
STARTING DATE: October 12, 2020 or other mutually agreeable date for the 2020-2021 school year.
1. Applicant must qualify, at time of hire, for State of Delaware School Psychologist Certification (1583 School Psychologist) or for Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification.
2. Must have successfully completed a supervised internship.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of response to intervention (RTI) strategies.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of diagnostic procedures, instructional interventions and student accommodations.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of behavioral interventions and crisis management.
6. Favorable criminal background check and child registry check required.
7. Tuberculin test.
8. Participation in Direct Deposit.
PRIMARY DUTIES: 1. Review referrals for individual evaluation to determine appropriate interventions; assess students when an individual evaluation is deemed appropriate; ensure that information is disseminated to the appropriate persons.
2. Attendance at school, student, and instructional meetings as required.
3. Confer and collaborate with parents and all school staff to ensure students’ academic and behavioral progress.
4. Administers, interprets, and explains standardized cognitive, achievement, developmental and behavioral evaluation results with all participants during eligibility determination IEP meetings.
5. Reviews, interprets, and explains evaluation results received from other school districts or evaluators outside of the district to determine eligibility for services and/or to determine if additional assessments are needed for eligibility determination.
6. Schedule time in classrooms for direct observation and intervention with students as required.
7. Prepares comprehensive psychoeducational evaluation reports. ESR documents and related compliance documents in accordance with federal, state, and DE Department of Education guidelines.
8. Observe all federal, state, and district time lines for evaluation and submission of evaluation reports.
9. Collect, monitor, graph, analyze and report student data as part of the FBA process.
10. Participate in all Child Find and Kindergarten screening procedures within the district, Headstart, and for students who are parentally privately placed.
11. Consult with personnel from outside agencies when needed.
12. Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF 1. Part time position.
EMPLOYMENT: 2. No sick time for a part time position
APPLICATION 1. Letter of Interest
PROCEDURE: 2. Current Resume’
3. District Application
4. College transcripts
5. Evidence of or ability to acquire Delaware Dept. of Education certification/license
6. Three recent letters of professional reference
DATE POSTED: September 16, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Position open until filled.