Bilingual Elementary Teacher
Position is posted for the 2020/2021 School Year
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct and manage student behavior
Ability to work well and in a positive manner with staff, students, and public
Ability to use computer software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned; prior experience working with students preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers, nurses, counselor, and administrator to modify curricula as needed for special population students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP), or 504 plan.
- Work with other members of staff as appropriate to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and assign work to instructional partner(s) and/or volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing. Interpret data to make academic adjustments for individual students.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
- Perform assigned duties on campus as assigned by administration (recess, dismissal, etc.).
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings, staff development and serve on staff committees as required.
- The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.