Nutrition Services Cashier/Sanitation
Job | Posted a month ago
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Valid Jackson County/Independence Food Handler’s Permit
- Previous food service/production experience preferred
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Ability to perform basic math
- Basic computer skills required/willingness to learn new technology
- Ability to interact positively with students and adult customers
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to lift, squat, stoop, reach, pushing and/or pulling.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to withstand a variety of temperature ranges
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow district requirements for professional food service dress code
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt
Nutrition Center Manager
Support the daily participation, accountability, and sanitation of the Nutrition Center while adhering to the policies and guidelines as set forth by the Nutrition Service Department
- Completes daily sanitation duties for the purpose of maintaining a clean/healthy environment for food preparation and serving of meals that are in compliance with District, State and Federal standards.
- Assures that the participation meal components are in accordance to the requirements of the NSLP and meet the standards of the Independence School District’s Nutrition Services Department
- Assures accurate meal participation accountability by accurately posting sales and payments to student accounts
- Records deposits/prepares bank deposits and other reports on a daily basis
- Reliable and on time to work
- Assist with product inventory
- Positive attitude that reflects on the Nutrition Center and the program
- Forwards Free and Reduced applications to the manager daily
- Reports any problems to the Manager
- Accepts suggestions for improvement in a professional manner
- Attends and completes the mandatory continuing education training as assigned
- Follows ALL safety protocols and guidelines
- Uses good time management without constant supervision
- Performs other duties as assigned
Terms of Employment:
Cashier/ Sanitation positions will be employed for nine (9) months. The salary and work calendar will be established annually by the Board of Education.
Post offer employment medical physical exam and essential functions test (EFT) required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors with minimal temperature variations and under conditions with exposure to hot and cold environments, risk of injury and/or illness. The employee will work near, or with, moving mechanical equipment. The employee may also occasionally work with cleaning chemicals. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally can be loud. Generally the job requires 5 % sitting, 50% standing, and 45% walking.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, squat, stoop, and kneel.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee will frequently push or pull items such as, but not limited to, carts with food items and/or equipment that can weigh up to 50 pounds total.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Manager using the Independence School District Performance Based Evaluation- Nutrition Services.
Independence School District
201 N Avenue, Independence, MO 64050
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,368
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 13.59
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 227