Teacher Aide/Functional Life Skills Special Education Program - 7.0 Hours/Day
Posted 13 days ago
- Paraprofessional License or ability to obtain license
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, students, and parents
- Possess good human relations and communication skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds or more
- Ability to use approved student restraints
- Ability to bend, stoop, turn, squat or lift in order to serve student needs
- The Functional Life Skills Program is for students with moderate to severe disabilities who require instruction in daily living skills appropriate to a students’ chronological age and have a direct application to real life such as eating, bathing, dressing, and earning money.
- Please review the attached document for information about Paraprofessional licensure requirments.
- This position has been designated as "hard to fill" by the District. In accordance with the CESP contract, any external candidate hired to fill this vacancy can bring in up to nine (9) years of prior experience for wage schedule credit (instead of the six allowed for other positions). Please contact Human Resources with questions about salary schedule placement.
- The starting hourly wage for SY21 ranges from $14.45 (no experience) to $17.53 (nine years' experience).