Job | Posted 2 months ago
JOB TITLE: Bilingual Aide
REPORTS TO: Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY GRADE: Para 1
The Bilingual Aide will assist the teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities with the majority of the time being spent working directly with children.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.
- HS Diploma from an accredited institution and
- Independent School District’s NCLB test in the area of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (Tests are administered after the recommendation for hire) and must obtain an Educational Aide Certification
- Completion of at least two years of study at an institution or higher defined as 48 hours of college coursework and
- Must obtain Educational Aide Certification
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently
- Have obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree from an accredited college or university
- One+ years experience with children
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work well with children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Work with children in large and small groups to provide instructional support.
- Assist with administration and scoring of testing instruments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to the substitute teacher when the bilingual teacher is absent.
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned.
- Assist in the bilingual classroom.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, moderate standing, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting no more than 10lbs. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Spring Independent School District
Accounts Payable 16717 Ella Blvd., Houston, TX 77090
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558