Custodian - 2nd Shift (3:30 pm - 11:30 pm)
Posted 23 days ago
Community High School District 94
West Chicago, IL 60185
West Chicago, IL 60185
POSITION Custodian – 2nd Shift
- This position works from 3:30 pm to 11:30 pm (during school breaks and summers, this position will work days)
- Pay range $13.00 to $15.25 depending on experience
- Eligible for medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement, paid time off
- This is a 12 month calendar.
- The position is covered by the WCHSSSA Collective Bargaining Agreement
Performs related duties and general maintenance work as required.
- Checks and secures building at beginning and end of shift for the purpose of ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the building.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, cafeterias, restrooms, offices, stairways, and other areas of building according to school district standards.
- Sweeps, mops, buffs, strips, and waxes floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and blinds.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors, and sills.
- Removes graffiti, cleans glass areas.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Sets up and breaks down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and functional rooms.
- Clears snow from entrances and walks, and spreads sand and ice melting chemicals.
- Performs grounds-keeping duties, clears debris and maintains grounds as needed.
- Receives deliveries and assists in unloading trucks and storing supplies.
- Delivers supplies and materials to classrooms, bathrooms and other areas of the building.
- Empties wastebaskets; picks up and removes trash and assists in recycling program.
- Reasonable knowledge of cleaning equipment and techniques
- Fluency in reading, speaking, and interpreting English
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull over 50 pounds
- Possess good human relations skills
- Can understand and be willing to perform directions provided orally and in writing
- Performs general cleaning, and repair work, particularly during school vacations.
- Assists parents and other visitors to school buildings with special events and programs.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Uses hand tools of trade and related power equipment, including brooms, mops, floor cleaning and waxing machines, vacuum cleaners,
snow blowers, shovels, power mower and hand tools.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper use of tools and power equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Wears appropriate safety gear, including masks.
- Must comply with school district's chemical hygiene program and follow MSDS sheets.
Occasional travel between school and central office may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow oral or written work orders from supervisor, and to coordinate work with principal and others.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to describe orally or in writing cleaning, maintenance or repair problems as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Ability to work above ground from ladders and automatic lifts.
- Ability to perform work according to standard procedures and schedule set forth by supervisor(s).
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, solvents and contaminated trash, grasses, pollens, etc.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School Diploma or completion of sufficient education to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Previous experience in building and cleaning maintenance desirable.
|Physical Requirements - while performing job, employee is required to:||(F = Frequently O = Occasionally
S = Seldom)
|Climb Ladders||F||Kneel||O||Lift/Carry > 50 lbs.||O||Push/Pull > 50 lbs.||O||Talk||O|
|Climb Stairs||F||Lift/Carry under 10 lbs.||F||Push/Pull under 10 lbs.||F||See||F||Twist||F|
|Crawl||S||Lift/Carry 10-25 lbs.||F||Push/Pull 10-25 lbs.||F||Squat||F||Walk||F|
|Hear||F||Lift/Carry 25-50 lbs.||F||Push/Pull 25-50 lbs.||F||Stoop/Bend||F|
|Work Calendar||√||12 months|
|Reports to||√||Manager – Building Operations and Foreman – Building Operations|
|Compensation||√||Paid per the Contractual Agreement with the WCHSSSA (hourly)|
|Classification||√||Non-Certified (covered under the Contractual Agreement with the WCHSSSA)|
|FLSA Status||√||Non-Exempt from overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act|
Please apply here: http://www.applitrack.com/d94/onlineapp/default.aspx
Internal applicants should be sure to choose the Internal Applicants section.
Contractual language requires that positions be posted for a minimum of five business days. Positions will be posted until filled.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
Community High School District 94 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Director of Human Resources
157 W. Washington Street
West Chicago, IL 60185
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit https://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.