AVAILABLE: Full-time school year position available immediately. Work schedule based on district calendar. 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Elementary School days and 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. High School days
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary to be determined by qualifications and experience and as specified in the MCIEA Master Agreement salary schedule. Benefits as specified in the MCIEA Master Agreement.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct extensive psychological evaluation of referred pupils as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Collaborate with teachers in developing curriculum, behavior management and teaching strategies
- Consult and counsel referred pupils, administrators, school personnel, parents and others concerning students' educational needs.
- Interpret psychological and other diagnostic data to school personnel, parents, pupils and others.
- Serve as a member of the Individual Educational Planning Team.
- Make recommendations on ways to assist referred students(s).
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with co-workers effectively and professionally.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Follow work rules.
- Adhere to MCISD guidelines and policies.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Regional Director/Supervisor.
EDUCATION: Masters or Ed.S. degree in School Psychology required.
APPROVAL: Meet the requirements, at a minimum, under R380.20I et seq for a preliminary School Psychologist certificate as outlined by the Michigan State Department of Education.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year in a school based setting, preferred.
- Experience in collaborative consultation. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and community.
- Knowledge of general education curriculum and adaptation.
- Experience in conducting functional behavior assessments and developing behavior. Technical literacy preferred. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral mode. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK
Upon hire, employees of the Monroe County Intermediate School District are fingerprinted for a Michigan and FBI criminal history check. The processing fee of $43.25 is the responsibility of the applicant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly will sit, walk and stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities for perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally quiet to moderate. The employee is frequently required to interact with the public and other staff. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well-being of students.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUPPLY THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OUTLINED BELOW AND FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED
Current Monroe County Intermediate School District employees who meet the qualifications must complete the online application within five days at www.monroeisd.us to be considered. (Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position.) Supporting documents required (resume', 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Must complete online application at www.monroeisd.us. Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position. Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted. Supporting documents required (resume', transcripts, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Human Resources Department
Monroe County Intermediate School District
1101 S. Raisinville Road
Monroe MI 48161
Phone: (734) 322-2642
The Monroe County Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, religion, disability or handicap.