Substitute School Nurse
Under the general supervision of the Principal, the Substitute Nurse is responsible for filling in and helping with screening, planning, intervention, evaluation, counseling, management and/or referrals concerning the health and medical care needs of students for the purpose of minimizing absences due to illness, maximizing educational opportunities, and creating a healthy school climate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs nursing assessment for students who are ill or injured; applies appropriate theory as basis for providing first aid, nursing care, intervention and referrals for those students.
- Implements Board policy with respect to the exclusion and readmission of students in connection with certain infectious and contagious diseases (e.g., Tuberculosis).
- Maintains accurate records and documentation in accordance with state and federal law, and Board of Education policies.
- Intervenes as guided by the nursing care plan to implement nursing actions that promote, maintain or restore health, prevent illness and effect rehabilitation.
- Provides guidance, counseling and health education to students, parents and employees as necessary.
- Reports to parents, school district personnel, physicians, clinics, and others as needed to meet student health needs.
- Provides medical assessment to school district employees as requested.
- Provides health education to students as requested.
- Notifies the appropriate person or agency of student’s injury/illness in accordance with Board policy as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Current licensure with the Wyoming Board of Nursing as Registered Professional Nurse, designated as R.N.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The demands of this job are as customary in a school environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this environment can be from moderate to quite loud depending upon the activity in the building.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Starting rate for this position is $115/day.
Apply promptly; open until filled
Applications may be picked up at any school, Central Office, or you may apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/crook/onlineapp/
Crook County School District #1 does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, or disablilty in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.