Under the direct supervision of the head custodian, building principal and Director of Facilities, the custodian's primary responsibility shall be to maintain a safe, clean and healthy physical environment at the facility assigned by providing custodial, janitorial and maintenance services so that full educational use of school facilities are available to students, staff, parents and the school community.
3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience as a custodian preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with students, staff, supervisors and members of the school.
- Some heavy lifting and physical labor is required. Required to lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds regularly and is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 90 pounds.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and follow directions in English.
- Required to properly handle chemical cleaners and supplies following manufacturer's directions.
- May be required to work during school holidays, weekends, days, evenings and overtime during inclement weather as directed by the head custodian, building principal and Director of Buildings and Grounds.
- Demonstrates cooperativeness and helpfulness.
- Any combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Maintains the grounds surrounding the school.
- Meets regularly with the head custodian to coordinate janitorial and custodial services needed.
- Follows and implements safe work practices and wears appropriate protective equipment.
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance of the school building including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and sanitizing according to established district criteria.
- Assists with the removal of snow from driveways, parking lots, bus areas, sidewalks and entrances to the school.
- Maintains a supply of the necessary materials and equipment needed to effectively clean the school.
- Maintains the safety and security of the building and grounds and performs the final security check of the facility at the completion of the shift.
- Assumes responsibility for the general fire safety of the school.
- Sanitizes washroom fixtures, including toilets, urinals, washbowls, fixtures, walls, partitions and floors according to established district criteria.
- Removes refuse from the building and places in outside refuse container.
- Moves and sets up chairs, tables, etc. as required for special school events and for daily lunch.
- Interfaces with all levels of staff within the building, with members of the school community and others who utilize the school facility.
- Performs other related duties as may be necessary and assigned by the head custodian, building principal and Director of Buildings and Grounds.
Apply on-line only
Administrators review applications on a regular basis and will contract potential candidates for interviews.