Long Term Substitute - DYS Metro Region (Boston)
Long Term sub needed for 2020-2021 school year. Experience working with at-risk youth helpful. Our Teachers impact students in ways that shape how they view the world and where they see themselves in it. This is an excellent opportunity to experience teaching in an alternative setting in which you can make a difference in the life of a young person. If you are looking for a rewarding career in education and an opportunity to help students learn and grow, this may be a great place to start. We hope you will join us in this rewarding work!
- Ongoing coaching support and robust professional development.
- Small classes, where teachers have a highly personalized approach with a focus on academic and behavioral success.
- The opportunity to work alongside other educators dedicated to improving life outcomes for highly vulnerable youth.
- Culturally responsive instruction which builds on student strengths.
- Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity.
- Collaboration with others.
- A passionate and mission driven professional, committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk.
- An innovative thinker, committed to positive youth development who values professionalism.
- A mentor who values culturally responsive teaching through a trauma-informed lens.
- A person who understands that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires lifelong learning and a commitment to allyship.
- Help equip an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to see their world, and themselves, in a new light; allowing them to realize their own potential and new possibilities.
- Teach small classes which are personalized to student needs with a focus on academic as well as behavioral success.