Special Education Long Term Substitute
Posted a month ago
Special Education Teacher /Resource Room (Long Term Substitute)
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and appropriate Special Education Endorsement eligibilty
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citzenship or legal resident staus
- Provide instruction to classified pupils in accordance with each pupil's individualized education program.
- Works cooperatively with regular education teaching staff to coordinate instructional activities and to monitor progress of each pupil and provides support instruction in the regular classroom or resource center as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction to meet the needs of each pupil.
- Consults with members of the child study team regarding each pupil's educational program, academic program and personal growth.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.