Job Title: Librarian Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal Pay Grade: Teacher Salary
Works with: Students/Personnel Days: 187
Dept. /School: Assigned Campus
Primary Purpose: To provide an enriched library facility with a side variety of materials for students at assigned campus and to encourage and assist students in using library sources.
* Prerequisites: Master’s degree from an accredited university;
* School Librarian Certificate, Learning Resource Specialist Certificate; or Learning Resource Endorsement; and
* Two (2) years of teaching experience.
? Knowledge and experience in learning resource centers for public schools
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Keeps informed of and complies with all state and district public education regulations and policies concerning school libraries.
2. Complies with all accreditation standards for school library services.
3. Provides relevant, meaningful instruction based on multiple resources.
4. Applies an information problem-solving process to curriculum-related learning objectives.
5. Encourages and provides opportunities for collaborative planning and teaching by librarians and teachers.
6. Stimulates students to be active and independent learners.
7. Provides education, training and guidance to students and staff in the use of technology.
8. Encourages the production of appropriate products, including multimedia presentations.
9. Works with individuals and groups as determined by student need.
10. Keeps teachers and students informed of new materials.
11. Develops long and short range plans for a library program to maximize student development.
12. Evaluates the effectiveness of the library program on a regular basis.
13. Supervises library operations during scheduled hours.
14. Provides training to students in the use of catalog systems and reference materials.
15. Develops and maintains a balanced collection based on a core collection, curriculum and user needs, proportionate to student population and special programs and reflects a diverse community.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds) Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress