Position: School Psychologist
Supervisor: Director of Student Support Services
Work Site: Central Consolidated Administrative Complex or Assigned School
Improve the academic and behavioral performance of students through the provision of assessment and consultative services to the local education agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of students referred for multifactorial evaluations.
- Complete required reports of assessments in a timely manner.
- Interpret results of evaluations to school personnel, parents, other concerned professionals, and to students (whenever this is deemed appropriate).
- Serve as a member of the Individual Education Program committee to assist in the development of an individualized plan to enable students with disabilities to progress educationally.
- Provide consultation to school personnel to develop academic and behavioral intervention strategies to improve student performance and success.
- Provide assistance and support to classroom teachers, or other school staff, when requested to assist in implementing a students’ individual education program.
- Participate in case staffing as requested by supervisor.
- Participate in and provide In-service training as requested by supervisor.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and committee meetings as required.
- Maintain knowledge of most current and relevant developments in the field of school psychology and special education as it pertains to this job description.
- Possess knowledge of current assessment tools recommended for use with a multi-cultural student population.
- Possess or develop cross-cultural assessment skills that are applicable in a multi-cultural setting.
- Visit the home or work site of parents to conduct interviews or collect assessment data, as needed.
- Comply with all Board of Education policies, administrative regulations, Public Education Department guidelines and local, state and federal laws.
- Accept other responsibilities and duties assigned by supervisor
- Support district and school efforts to keep CCSD safe and secure
- Complete and comply with all required trainings annually
- Adhere to NM Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession (NMAC 126.96.36.199)
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate
- NM PED School Psychologist License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Dine language, culture, and history preferred
- Good communication skills and customer service skills
Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying up to 50 pounds, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, driving a vehicle, traveling long distances, writing, typing, word processing, reading, researching information, and effective communication skills.
Safety and Health:
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions
- Completed and cleared background check
- Pass drug test if required for position
- Knowledge and compliance with district and school Safety Plans
- Multimedia equipment, including current technology
- Equipment/materials relevant to the job responsibilities
- Valid driver license and insurable by district if necessary
- Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature and air quality
- Work interruptions
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision
- Must complete applications and assignments within the timeframes allowed
- Extended work hours, on occasion
- Each psychologist will be provided one permanent office space. A room conducive to conducting valid assessments will be provided at each assigned school
- Visit the home or work site of patents to conduct interviews or collect assessment data, as needed
Term of Employment:
- One-year contract
My signature signifies that if selected for the position:
- I have reviewed the contents of the job description and I am aware of the expectations of the position.
- The job description is meant as a guideline and, in the absence of specific direction, I understand that I must make reasonable decisions and must act on those decisions to ensure that the District, school and department goals are met.
- I understand that I will be evaluated in accordance with the District’s evaluation guidelines and the job description will be included in the evaluation process.
- I am able to perform all the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation(s) and agree that I will notify the Human Resources Department if I wish to request reasonable accommodation(s).
Employee Signature Date
Print Employee Name