3 Hour Educational Aide - Gurney School - Preschool
Description: Educational Aide
3 Hours Per Day
Tentative hrs 8:45am - 11:45am
Arrives prepared to start working on time. Follows established sign in/out procedures.
Complies with program and/or building work hours/schedules.
· Receives directions from the assigned supervisor. Performs non-teaching program support services that facilitate the timely attainment of district objectives.
· Learns the proper procedure for operating equipment associated with assigned duties.
· Consults with the assigned supervisor to receive support and address concerns.
· Communicates rules to students (i.e., expectations and consequences).
· Keeps school personnel informed about student behavior concerns.
· Attends to student concerns discreetly when assistance is requested.
· Works with staff to identify student assistance strategies most likely to be effective.
· Ensure accountability of student attendance. Communicates concerns to appropriate staff.
- Valid state department of education license/permit as determined at the time of appointment.
- Meets mandated state/federal criteria (i.e., approved degree, completion of requisite higher education credit hours/courses, or acceptable score on an authorized professional standards test).
- Displays flexibility, reliability, self-discipline and a willingness to take on challenging tasks.
- Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts responsibility for personal decisions/conduct.
- Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training may be required for some assignments.
- Physical Demands: Duties may require providing physical assistance to students.
NOTE: Blood-borne pathogen/communicable disease, child abuse/neglect, CPR and/or first aid/injury prevention training may be required as a condition of employment. Some positions require specialized skills using communication boards, sign language, finger spelling, etc.