Science Teacher - DYS Northeast Region (Middleton)
The Collaborative for Educational Services has an immediate opening for a dedicated Science Teacher (MA licensed) to educate youth assigned to the Department of Youth Services in Middleton, MA. This is your opportunity to empower a population of young people who’ve had many challenges in their short lives. Our Teachers help students learn and grow, impacting them in ways that shape how they view the world and where they see themselves in it.
Unlicensed applicants are encouraged to apply - we offer waivers and support educators with the certification process. If you are looking for a rewarding career and an opportunity to help students learn and grow, this is the job for you. We hope you will join us in this work!
- Compensation based on a union scale which includes paid sick and personal time, advanced for new teachers
- Participation in the Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System
- Teacher loan forgiveness, up to $17,500 for qualified candidates
- CES offers a variety of benefits, learn more here: CES Employee Benefit Guide
This is you:
- A passionate and mission driven educator, committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk.
- An innovative high school teacher, committed to positive youth development who values professionalism.
- A teacher intent on providing high quality, personalized, college and career ready education.
- A person who understands that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires lifelong learning and a commitment to allyship.
- Help equip an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to see their world, and themselves, in a new light; allowing them to realize their own potential and new possibilities.
- Teach small classes which are personalized to student needs with a focus on academic as well as behavioral success.
- Work alongside other educators dedicated to improving life outcomes for highly vulnerable youth.