Secondary Mathematics/Science Teacher Gem Prep: Online
|Job Position:||Secondary 6-12 Mathematics/Science Teacher||School:||Gem Prep: Online|
|Subject:||Mathematics/Science||City:||Deary, Meridian, Pocatello or Post Falls, ID|
|Type:||Certified - Instructional||Email:||email@example.com|
|Full Time/Part Time:||Full-Time||Start Date:||Immediate|
Are you interested in making a significant impact in students’ lives? Do you believe that all children can learn? Would you like to be part of a team that is committed to do whatever it takes to make every student successful? Gem Prep is seeking an entrepreneurial spirit who is committed to excellence and has a desire to join a fast-growing team.
Gem Prep is a K- 12 college preparatory school. At least sixty percent of Gem Prep students will graduate high school with an associate’s degree and the remainder will graduate with at least 18 college credits. During the elementary years, Gem Prep believes in building a strong academic foundation to prepare students for the rigorous learning environment in grades 6-12.
Teachers plan and teach courses in both middle and high school, giving them the opportunity to work with and get to know the same students for multiple years. This helps teachers develop deep, meaningful relationships with their students and families. Our teachers also have the opportunity to help students develop skills over multiple years, resulting in a significant academic impact for each student. The school is small and familial, allowing each teacher to have a major influence on the lives of students they teach.
Teachers also may serve as college preparatory advisers to a small number of 6-12 grade students, teaching and holding students accountable for competencies critical for their success in college and beyond. Teachers take ownership of the students’ success by providing support to each student they advise.Responsibilities
Planning and Preparation
- Prepare intellectually by internalizing high-quality lessons in order to ensure that all students are receiving excellent instruction tailored to their needs.
- Set high expectations of achievement that are ambitious and measurable for students
- Utilize assessments that accurately measure student progress and/or incorporate digital assessments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Hold students accountable for high expectations of behavior and engagement that are ambitious and measurable
- Online environment in each class encourages student-to-student and student-to-teacher communication
- Establish a culture of respect, enthusiasm, and rapport
- Hold students accountable for ambitious, measurable standards of academic achievement
- Identify and address individual students’ development of organizational and time-management skills
- Invest students in their learning using a variety of techniques
- Monitor and analyze student assessment data to inform personalized, enriched instruction by teacher, and changes in digital instruction
- Communicate with students and parents, keeping them informed of students’ progress
- Solicit and eagerly receive feedback from supervisor and team members to improve professional skills
- Collaborate with other teachers to analyze data, group students, teach, and assign interventions
- Participate in professional development opportunities at school
- Participate in student recruitment activities and events
Working at Gem Prep
Gem Prep focuses on hiring and developing great employees with high expectations and provides robust support to meet those expectations. Gem Prep expects the following:
- Results. Gem Prep works relentlessly to create efficient, measurable, and sustainable results. We strive for excellence and pursue our mission tenaciously. Ideally, you thrive working in a fluid environment where flexibility and tenacity are required.
- Innovation. We embrace new approaches and ideas that have a powerful impact on learning and teaching, achieving success for every student. We believe that today’s students need schools that dramatically rethink the traditional learning and teaching process for the success of every student. The status quo is not acceptable.
- Integrity. We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We expect the same of you.
- Humility. If you are humble and teachable, this will be a powerful learning experience for you. Your humility will be key to building trusted and authentic relationships as well as the key to your professional growth. We also understand that you bring valuable experiences and knowledge that will lift our team.
- Teamwork. We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Idaho Certified Secondary Teacher with Math 6-12 or Math 5-9 endorsement to teach both middle and high school courses. Idaho Certified Secondary Teacher with Natural Science 6-12 endorsements to teach both middle and high school courses.
- Preferred qualifications: 3 years teaching experience, excellent organization and communication skills, experience with online course management software such as Canvas or Blackboard.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
Gem Prep is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. It is a condition of employment with Gem Prep that employees comply with this policy. Any information provided by applicants in seeking a position with Gem Prep shall be truthful and accurate. If an investigation should disclose untruthful or misleading answers, an application may be rejected, applicants may be removed from consideration, or employment with Gem Prep may be terminated.