Posting Date: 09/14/2020
Position: Aquatics Lead
Location: District Education Center, John Glenn Middle School, Skyview Community School, Maplewood Middle School
Start date: 09/21/2020
Salary: $15.61 per hour
Work Year: Year Round average 5 hours per week for 46 weeks
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three years of experience as swimming instructor and lifeguard in a school and/or community facility.
- Knowledge of all American Red Cross swimming levels/skills, water fitness courses, lifesaving techniques.
- Supervisory experience.
- Current certification as a Water Safety Instructor and/or Lifeguard.
- Current certification in CPR/AED/First Aid.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to motivate and mentor staff.
- A strong commitment to work with children.
- Ability to work effectively with children, adults, and colleagues from a variety of ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently within a flexible work schedule.
- Be an enthusiastic member of the ISD 622 Community Education team.
- Knowledge of ISD 622 Aquatics program.
- Experience planning and implementing swimming lessons.
- Currently certified as a CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor Trainer.
- Currently certified as a Lifeguard Instructor and/or Water Safety Instructor Trainer.
Apply online at www.isd622.org. Click on Human Resources and Employment Opportunities.