Job | Posted a month ago
Job Title: Classroom Instructional Aide Exemption Status/Test: Nonexempt
Reports to: Principal and Teacher(s) Assigned Date Revised:
Associate’s degree, two years of study at an institution of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment as required by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide instruction to students under the direction of teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Make teacher aware of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Moderate standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping
Motion: Moderate walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
655 Martin Luther King Junior Drive, Paris, TX 75460
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558