Job | Posted 2 months ago
Leander ISD is currently evaluating several potential models in light of the changing situation, and following guidance established by local, state and federal leaders.
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
If hired, the State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
To design, create, modify, implement and manage electronic data solutions to meet the computing and reporting needs of the district business data.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Consult with end users to determine system and functional specifications related to the district’s various business database systems, including ERP system and applicable integration.
- Translate client requirements into a feasible design solution and products.
- Design, develop, and implement custom solutions to provide reports, dashboards, and analytical tools for campus and district staff members.
- Develop and maintain complex reports, graphs and charts using various reporting tools.
- Create structured reporting programs and develop customized queries to meet the information processing needs of the district.
- Provide support for third-party and custom applications within the district.
- Capture, monitor, and analyze database performance and capacity.
- Analyzes data using standard statistical tools, methods, and techniques.
- Identifies data gaps, errors, anomalies, inconsistencies, and redundancies by analyzing the content, structure, and relationships within data.
- Identifies and interprets data patterns and trends and assesses data quality.
- Develop test plans and sample input data to test adequacy of reports, ensure reporting performance conforms to specifications and assist with user acceptance testing.
- Prepares concise, comprehensive technical reports to present and interpret data, identify alternatives, and make and justify recommendations on data revisions.
- Assists in defining, developing, and implementing data standards.
- Assists in developing data quality measures, analyzing data quality results, and implementing necessary changes to ensure data quality improvement.
- May participate in the design and maintenance of data marts, data warehouse, and data cleansing.
- Develop programs and scripts to effectively support data migration and integration with business systems and related software utilizing appropriate data transfer utilities to securely transfer data to third party software systems, and designing and developing extract, transform, load (ETL) processes.
- Schedule, test, install, implement and troubleshoot programs.
- Ensure processing cycles, application-processing documentation is created and maintained.
- Prepare and maintain system and end-user documentation for locally developed custom applications/solutions.
- Review and analyze report problems including system documentation and production output to identify solutions and/or make appropriate recommendations.
- Troubleshoot issues, conduct research, communicate with vendors and perform or request fixes on reports and related application issues.
- Support administration of ERP security and permissions for ERP users.
- May compile and write documentation to support data warehouse functions.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to improve the processes and meet goals.
- Participate in professional development that increases effectiveness.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (relevant experience may substitute for degree).
- Experience in programming/data analysis across ERP information systems including solutions design, implementation, testing, training and maintenance of various data reporting/analysis solutions.
- Knowledge of database system queries and reports, database file structures, data visualization, database optimization and integration techniques; principles, practices and techniques of data analysis; educational data systems (e.g. enterprise resource planning systems (ERP); multiple reporting tools (e.g. Visual Studio, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, MySQL, IBM Cognos, Crystal Reports); multiple programming languages (e.g. SQL, VBA, C#, Python, Django, .NET); and Windows, Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Access; database structure and design.
- Skill in organization; written and oral communication; customer service; MS Office Tools (e.g. Excel, Word, Access); and math, logic and analysis.
- Ability to write and debug complex SQL queries, reports, and stored procedures; create dashboards in data reporting systems; maintain employee data confidentiality, build SQL stored procedures, T-SQL, triggers, and views; analyze systems and procedures; write and revise standards and procedures.; respond timely to client requests; manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks appropriately; analyze database to provide best solutions; and take initiative to complete assignments and responsibilities within set timeframe.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Ability to compose material such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact and to make presentations outside of the immediate work area.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to make information presentations, inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-priority environment.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and deescalate employees, staff, and parents.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- May work prolonged or irregular hours.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 218, Leander, TX 78646
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558