2020-2021 CM Instructional Aide
Job Title: CM Instructional Aide
Reports to: Principal and Special Education Director
Dept./School: Walker Elementary
Primary Purpose: To assist teachers in maintaining appropriate learning activities and environment in order that students may learn in a positive, encouraging way and develop their self-esteem.
Education/Certification: High school diploma or hold a General Educational Development (GED) certificate
Has met formal academic assessment, associate’s degree, or two years of study at an institution of higher learning
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Communicate with positive attitude between teachers and students.
Prior experience working with children.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Instruct students under the direction of the teacher.
2. Help to determine special needs or problems of the individual students and to adapt or create material as necessary to meet those needs.
3. Monitor time students spend in Content Mastery.
4. Keep all records of students in Content Mastery: a. tracking sheets b. time sheets c. at-risk students and regular students
5. Make necessary copies of tests, worksheets, and charts.
6. Prepare, type, and highlight modified materials.
7. Obtain copies of lesson plans. 8. Maintain confidentiality.
9. Participate in staff training programs, faculty meetings as assigned.
10. Other duties as assigned.