Paraprofessional Science Aide
Job | Posted a month ago
JOB GOAL: To assist and support science teachers in providing positive laboratory experiences
for science students.
Hours: 10:00 am -2:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated record of successful employment.
- One year of high school Chemistry is required (prefer one year at the college level).
- Educational Aide permit is required.
- Knowledge of the proper use, handling, and preparation of science lab chemicals.
- Skills in computer usage, word processing, database programs, and office practices.
- Math skills up to and including all operations with decimals and first order, single substitution algebra equations.
- Willingness to attend seminars and workshops or additional training related to the proper handling, storage, and disposal of chemicals.
- Must complete all training as required by Sylvania Schools and/or the Ohio Department of Education.
- Assist teachers with lab preparations.
- Inventory chemicals and science equipment.
- Maintain and update the computerized chemical/equipment inventory.
- Prepare chemical solutions.
- Deal with vendors and/or place orders by phone for necessary chemicals and/or supplies.
- Set up labs (get out equipment, make solutions, etc.)
- Tear down labs (put equipment away, clean glassware etc.)
- Maintain chemical inventory in accordance with proper storage and handling procedures.
- Classify, store, and retrieve chemicals properly.
- Transport supplies/materials to and from other buildings.
- Coordinate the use of chemicals and equipment by various teachers.
- Maintain inventories of stock chemicals and stock solutions in order to avoid shortages.
- Unpack and inventory all chemical, book and/or supply orders.
- Operate copy equipment.
- Organize storage of equipment and supplies.
- Keep prep room and storage rooms clean and orderly.
- Keep lab counters and sinks in the lab and prep rooms clean and orderly to ensure a safe environment.
- Run eye wash fountains weekly.
- Responsible to enter personal absences on AESOP and Time Clock Plus.
- Responsible to check your district email account on a regular basis, and to communicate as needed via district email.
- Perform such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities as necessary for the successful operation of the department.
7225 Sylvania Avenue, Sylvania, OH 43560
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294