HENDRY COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD
1. Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
2. Minimum of five years of teaching experience.
3. Work toward Reading Endorsement within 5 years of date of assignment.
4. Demonstrated elementary reading expertise and teachingexperience.
5. Strong leadership and technology skills with successful experience in providing inservice training activities.
6. Elementary, primary, or early childhood certification required.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal and Assistant Superintendent
1.Provide leadership, supervision, and oversight for site-based project implementation.
2.Plan and implement inservice training for all teachers in scientifically based readinginstruction.
3.Plan and implement inservice training for all teachers regarding data collection and analysis.
4.Assist teachers in provision of appropriate intensive intervention instruction for struggling students, including those who are Limited English Proficient.
5.Model lessons in individual classrooms, including lessons that provide differentiatedinstruction.
6.Observe reading instruction and provide feedback to improve reading instruction.
7.Assist teachers in collection and analysis of school data relevant to the project (Reading First / Just Read, Florida!).
8.Assist teachers in selecting, administering, and evaluating results of screening diagnostic, and progress assessments.
9.Facilitate teacher study groups regarding current reading research and effective readinginstruction.
10.Provide parents with detailed information regarding their children's reading achievement.
11.Compile pre-program, mid-program, and post-program data for project evaluation.
12.Monitor and evaluate program implementation at the school level.
13.Other such duties as shall be assigned by the Principal, Assistant Superintendent,Superintendent of Schools, or the Board.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:10 Months - Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the district's board approved salary schedule
EVALUATION:Performance of this position will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor.