Posted a month ago
|Opening Date||9/11//2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||9/24/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||Open Competitive|
|Salary||Determined by Department of Education Pay Scale|
|Shift Hours||8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.|
|Employment Type||Actual Vacancy|
|Agency||SCYF/Mgt Sup Svcs/Education Services|
|Location(s)||Ferris School: (959 Centre Rd, Wilmington, DE, 19805)|
|Contact Name||DSCYF - Human Resources|
|Contact Phone||302 633 2553|
The incumbent is located on the main campus at Ferris School, a level 5 secure facility.. The incumbent provides instructional planning, monitoring and support of educational needs of the student from the intake process through the transition of the student back to the public-school setting.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner. Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position.
- Designs an instructional program based on core curriculum and adapted to meet individual needs.
- Delivers instruction based on the general education curriculum Delaware Standards.
- Implements a successful classroom management system within the guidelines of the facility’s behavior management program.
- Assesses students in assigned certification area.
- Collaborates/communicates with members of the Education Unit, other service providers, and parents.
- Prepares reports and documentation of assessment and progress towards goals.
- Complies with Federal, State and Local Regulations, Policies and Procedures.
- Remains current in certification research, instructional strategies and technology.
Job Requirements for Teacher
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including your employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment training. Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Must hold (or be eligible for) a current, valid teaching license in the State of Delaware.
- Must be certified or certifiable in Secondary Mathematics
- Must be certified or certifiable in Special Education/Exceptional Children K-12
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Education from an accredited University.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technology application in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrated evidence on knowledge regarding best practices in effectively promoting student engagement while increasing student achievement.
- Experience working with alternative populations/at-risk youth.
- Knowledge of Learning Focused instruction.
Additional Posting Information
Applicant must submit the following at time of interview:
- Copy of Professional Status Certification or License(s), and/or Alternative Routes to Certification (ARTC) Letter.
- Documentation of Praxis-I scores.
Conditions of Hire
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization). The candidate selected for this position shall be asked to join and pay dues to the labor organization or may, decline joining the labor organization and not pay dues or a fee. The labor organization has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other work related purposes.
The application and resume are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and resume to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.