AVID Assistant (Grant Position)
POSITION: AVID Assistant (WHS) (Grant Position) 22.5 hrs/wk, Tu, Thu, Fri Grade 3 10 Month
ASSIGNMENT: Temporary & Grant Funded: October 1, 2020 - May 28, 2021
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This position involves the performance of a variety of tasks in support of enhanced student academic achievement. This employee is expected to interact with students in an appropriate manner while maintaining discipline. There is considerable contact with staff and students. AVID Assistants monitor and assist students academically under the direction of a certified staff member and perform related clerical tasks. This employee must exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in performing duties and keep informed of procedures and requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (Note: The State and NCLB-approved paraprofessional designation is not required for the AVID Assistant position.)
- Experience or training which provides knowledge of the subject matter (study skills, college prep).
- Ability to work effectively, demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills, and communicate clearly and distinctly with staff and students.
- Ability to project a positive image of the district to staff and students as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with up-to-date computer systems.
Assists students in tutorial sessions by performing the following duties.
- Provides individualized or small-group tutoring at the direction of licensed teachers.
- Monitors students' work.
- Keeps records of student attendance and participation.
- Attends one day-long AVID Tutorology training session prior to assuming duties.
- Helps organize field trips and perform some administrative duties as needed.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online.
Click on the Red "APPLY" button to begin an online application.
Please be aware that as a requirement of your application you will be invited to complete a digital interview via RIVS (Interviewstream). The invitation will come to your email and the RIVS (Interviewstream) system gives you ten (10) calendar days to complete the interview from the time the invitation is issued. Keep in mind that the interview must be completed before you can submit your application, even if the interview expiration is beyond the date of the application deadline. Therefore, all your application materials, interview included, must be submitted by the application deadline.
Please email email@example.com to request an extension.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.