Elementary Teacher - 4th Grade Virtual Teacher
Job | Posted a month ago
1.0 Grade 4 Virtual Teacher
Red Rock Elementary SchoolAnticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary schedule based on Teacher contract, previous teaching experience and education.
Benefit information can be found on the District Website under Human Resources and Benefits. Please look under Forms & Publications for specific Insurance Premiums.
Current Minnesota license in Elementary Education
Provide academic and goal-based learning experiences that enhance student progress across all settings.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Create a positive environment to ensure successful learning for all students.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine priorities for their children’s social, emotional and academic growth.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic concerns.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic issues or special academic interests.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools. Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
- Administer standardized, formative and state mandated assessments and interpret results to determine student strengths and areas of need.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Appropriate Minnesota teaching licensure
- Effective oral and written expression.
- Demonstrated collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills verbally, orally and written
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email and Microsoft Word.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume
Applications submitted by 4:00 pm on September 17, 2020 will be fully considered.
Posting will be removed from the website when the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
South Washington County Schools
3311 Commonwealth Ave, Cottage Grove , MN 55016
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200