ECFE Early Childhood Teacher
Job | Posted a month ago
Develop and implement preschool instruction in cooperation with other classroom team members and early childhood program expectations.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate weekly lesson plans for birth to 5 year olds.
- Support program initiatives and early childhood best practices in the classroom.
- Deliver curriculum and assessment based on State and program approved tools.
- Plan a classroom system and collaborate with classroom team
- Assist in the identification, referral and instruction of children with special needs
- Maintain a stimulating, healthy, and clean classroom environment that promotes student learning.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Provide daily guidance and direction to paraprofessionals by communicating duties verbally and in writing, by posting duties, lesson plans, schedules and direction for support of assessment.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Follow processes expected by Community Education for the early childhood programs as outlined by Early Childhood administration.
13. Attend early childhood meetings and professional development as required.
14. Keep informed of current trends in the Early Childhood field through professional development.
15. Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Training or experience teaching in an early learning and/or preschool classroom.
- Experience developing, modifying, and implementing curriculum and learning environments for preschool children.
- Group leadership skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration and relationship building skills
- Excellent communicator and organizational skills.
- Ability and desire to teach under the team concept.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions as required for the job.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Current Minnesota licensure in Early Childhood Education
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
South Washington County Schools
8595 Central Park Pl, Woodbury, MN 55125
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200