Food Service Assistants (Multiple Positions)
Posted 2 months ago
RSU 57 has multiple vacancies for food service assistants.
Regional School Unit 57
Title: Food Service Assistant
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior successful food service experience (preferred)
- Ability to work effectively with all school staff and students
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of weight scales and sanitation
- Ability to read and follow a recipe
- Must be willing to learn and run a computerized accountability system
- Ability to work as a productive member of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with students, staff, and the community
Reports to: The Kitchen Manager for the performance of all assigned duties
1. To produce and serve all meals in a safe and sanitary manner. The meals will be nutritionally sound and
- Consults with the Kitchen Manager when questions arise
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with students, staff, and the community
- Assists the team with all aspects of the School Nutrition Program
- Assists with food preparation, serving, cooking, and baking
- Assists in cleaning the kitchen, serving, and eating areas
- Maintains all applicable health and sanitation standards
- Completes/attends all professional development requirements
- Completes other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, climb stairs, lift (ranging from 25-75 lbs), bend, pull, push, walk, kneel, crouch, and perform other physical tasks that may be required from time to time. The employee must have the ability to stand for periods as long as 6 hours or more on a cement/tile kitchen floor. The employee must have the ability to work in a hot, humid environment.
Terms of Employment: Hourly, work year and working conditions to be established by the RSU 57 School Board.
Food Service Assistant $12.37-$19.06 depending on prior related experience
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the School Board’s policy on evaluation.
Note: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future