Classification: Class I
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Competent in basic office skills and record keeping.
- Competent in basic accounting skills.
- Ability to interact with others in a cordial, friendly, and confidential manner.
Reports to: Principal
Statement of Job Goal:
To assist the Administration in coordinating and planning the efficient operation of the office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicates with students, parents, and staff regarding attendance policy.
- Receives incoming calls for the supervisor and other employees and takes messages, responds to inquiries giving standard information concerning policy and procedures, refers callers to more appropriate persons as necessary
- Schedules substitute teachers.
- Responsible for distribution of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Types and proofreads material such as letters, memos, reports, newsletters, calendars, and statistical data.
- Uses and maintains business machines such as photocopier, laminator, computer, typewriter. May use more complex machines occasionally.
- Performs routine medical duties (i.e. small injuries, illnesses, and dispensing of medicine to students), contacts parents of injured students as needed.
- Insures confidentiality and safety of students in regard to custody and legal requirements.
- May keep confidential records including tests and personnel information, may handle cash and other valuables.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.