The Receptionist coordinates school communications, greets all guests, parents, visitors, and volunteers, and relays important information to faculty, staff, and administrators. He or she provides assistance to students, faculty, and administration. The Receptionist provides regular monitoring and real-time processing of student information and other vital records. This individual provides students, faculty, and administration with updates on school events and activities. The Receptionist must be a people person and display a positive attitude in working with all campus visitors, staff, students, and parents. The Receptionist reports to the Principal.
The Receptionist must be responsive to all constituents and be able to work independently. He or she must be knowledgeable with respect to current business technology. He or she must be able to offer students and families guidance and information on classes, faculty schedules, and school events and activities. The incumbent must have strong verbal and written communication skills and excel at interacting with students, parents, faculty, administrators, and staff.
In addition to the personal characteristics already described, the incumbent should support, embrace, and instill the habit of excellence and virtue to foster the vision of our Catholic School as an educational institution that finds glory in how we serve God and one another. The incumbent should consistently demonstrate the skills, attitudes, and stable disposition of character to support the richness of our Catholic and Classical identity while fostering the development of mind, body, and spirit in our students, our faculty and staff, and the greater community. We seek a candidate who understands the importance of hospitality.
The qualified candidate must have at least an High School Diploma or College degree.; a minimum of three years’ experience working in clerical support or education; the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain working relationships with faculty, students, families, and staff campus wide; excellent verbal and written skills; a thorough understanding of office technologies; and the proven ability to deliver high-quality work while performing multiple tasks simultaneously. The Receptionist must be a person of unquestioned integrity, must be well organized and detail-oriented, and must be firmly committed to maintaining the confidentiality of academic, personnel and financial records. Ideal candidates will have experience working with RenWeb, be adept with Microsoft Office, be flexible, patient, and good humored.
Primary responsibilities include the preparation of internal and external reports; the resolution of technical issues in support of students, faculty, and administration. The Receptionist manages all processes to ensure that operations of the office are responsive to all constituencies.
Office Management Responsibilities
- Receive, screen, and route all incoming calls
- Receive all school visitors, determine their needs, direct them to the proper person or location
- Display courtesy, helpfulness, and professionalism as part of representing the school
- Receive/distribute all incoming student forms (for field trips, special events, etc.)
- Sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Check packing slips against POs as shipments arrive, attach to receipts, and turn in to our Bookkeeper
- Serve as Safe Environment Coordinator
- Verify that all visitors are Safe Environment trained, signed in, and are provided a visitor/volunteer badge in keeping with school and archdiocesan policies
- Verify that all faculty and staff are current on their Safe Environment training
- Handle school intercom announcements, classroom calls, etc.
- Deliver messages to teachers/classrooms
- Inform new applicants and potential parents about our admissions process, direct them to online admissions forms, log potential parent contact information
- Prepare Report Cards for delivery to students (sort, label, etc.)
- Prepare, update, and distribute school newsletter
- Prepare and submit information for the church bulletin
- Verify attendance is submitted by grade each morning via RenWeb
- Input all “excused” absences verified by doctors notes or by email via RenWeb
- Facilitate all faculty supply ordering
- Place food orders for all faculty meetings, in-service days, etc.
- Create duplicates for teachers and administrators as necessary
- Coordinate and oversee front office volunteers
- Maintain updated Pick-Up lists for each student by logging updates into RenWeb, and notifying teachers as necessary of any changes to a student’s Pick Up List
- Notify the principal or pastor immediately of any emergency affecting the safety or welfare of students or staff
- Encourage and strive to keep open and prompt communication among faculty, students, and parents
- Act as primary source of communication/correspondence between the School and parents
- Create and send all emails, flyers, notices, etc.
- Work with the book keeper to ensure that the appropriate payment form is placed on all flyers and notices before being distributed to families
- Communicate with our school nurse any health concerns which she might share with parents (for example, if a student’s parent explains that a student has been diagnosed with a communicable disease)
- Send health notices in the absence of school nurse
- Send all email reminders to school board members
- Keep desk and front office in presentable order
- Be knowledgeable of all policies, rules, and regulations as stated in the Family and Student and Faculty Handbooks
- Serve as Sign Up Genius Administrator for Parent-Teacher Conference sign-ups
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Non-exempt, paid for time worked.