Assistant Principal - Landrum Middle - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted a month ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Assistant Principal - Middle
Job Title: Assistant Principal - Middle Reports To: Building Principal Classification: Administrative Wage/Hour Status: Exempt Days: 212 Salary: See Compensation Plan for Administrative/Professional Pay Plan, Pay Grade 106 Contract: Probationary/Term Date Revised: 10/30/2019 Primary Purpose: SBISD is looking for a dynamic and energetic educational leader to ensure high standards of instruction, focus on student achievement to ensure success for all students, supervise operation, personnel and activities at the campus, oversee compliance of District policies and articulate effectively the goals of the school and District to staff and community. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- Master's degree from a recognized, accredited college or university.
- Valid Texas Standard Principal or Mid-Management certification.
- Current certification in ILD, ILT or AEL required at time of hire or the ability to obtain such certification in the first 60 days of employment based on availability of courses.
- T-TESS Certification required at time of hire or the ability to obtain such certification in the first 60 days of employment based on availability of courses.
- Exemplifies instructional leadership, effective communication skills, personal integrity, collaborative leadership style and personal scholarship.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret data and address needs of school & community.
- Minimum of three years experience as a classroom teacher.
Responsibilities: Instructional and Organizational Leadership
- Participate in the development and evaluation of educational programs and student achievement.
- Encourage and support development of instructional programs. Promote the use of achievement data and the use of technology in the teaching/learning process.
- Promote a positive, caring climate for learning.
- Communicate effectively with staff, students, and parents.
- Participate in the development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents and community members.
- Assist Principal in the evaluation of instructional and support personnel. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences.
- Assist Principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity, a collaborative leadership style and high ethical standards.
- Maintain appropriate certification and training for role.
- Promote the continuing professional development of staff members. Assist in designing and delivering staff development.
- Supervise operations in the Principal's absence.
- Assist in planning daily school activities by participating in the development of class schedules, teacher assignments, and extracurricular schedules.
- Supervise reporting and monitoring of student attendance. Ensure required reporting data is accurate and timely in all areas.
- Assist with safety inspections, safety drills, and other safety-related activities.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of school operations and ability to coordinate campus programs and activities.
- Assist in the development of the master schedule and allocation of resources.
- Share supervisory responsibility for professional staff with school principal. Supervise teachers, custodians, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel and others as assigned.
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
- Implement a student management system that results in positive student behavior.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
- Conduct conferences on student and school issues with students, teachers, and parents.
- Assist students in planning their academic success.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: Supervise and evaluate the performance of staff assigned to campus including teacher(s), counselor(s), librarian(s), instructional aides, clerical support staff, and custodians. Equipment Used: Personal computer, ACTIV board, printer, copier, and fax machine Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Repetitive hand motions.
- Prolonged use of the computer.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
2200 RIDGECREST, Houston, TX 77055
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558