Job | Posted 2 months ago
Position Title: CNA
Department: Special Education
Term of Employment: 9 month
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: The CNA will interact directly with students, assisting with toileting/diapering, and daily living skills. We are searching for a dedicated, compassionate and energetic individual to be a vital link between our students, and staff.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Help students with toileting/diapering, and daily living skills needs.
- Record daily information in the student’s record.
- Assist the teachers, and other staff as needed.
- Adhere to professional standards, follow policies and procedures and abide by federal, state and local requirements.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to handle multiple tasks safely and effectively.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate sensitive information.
- High tolerance for working under pressure and handling critical situations effectively.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable grants management
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles of medical office protocol.
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential medical files, records and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service practices.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state and PUSD rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications and peripherals.
- Skill in assessing, monitoring and providing First Aid, breathing and emergency treatments.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of a state-approved CNA certification training course, A High School Diploma or GED, AND two (2) years of medical office, nursing assistant or closely related experience.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain First Aide, CPR, and other certifications specific to assignment within one year of hire.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, hazardous chemicals and fumes.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
Peoria Unified School District
15585 N 91st Ave, Peoria, AZ 85382
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143