Senior Coordinator: Financial Services
Reports To: Deputy Executive Director of Administrative Services
Salary: This is a full-time position 232 days with a minimum annual salary of $82,679.
Primary Purpose: To serve in a leadership capacity over the financial management function of Region 13 ESC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration required
- CPA required
- MBA desired but not required
- 5 years’ experience in financial management and/or public accounting
- Experience in implementing state-of-the-art financial information and reporting systems
- Experience in supervising staff
- Experience in evaluating operating efficiencies organization-wide
- Experience in public education desired but not required
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of applicable accounting and reporting standards
- Knowledge of accounting operations, current financial information system capabilities, payroll, procurement and budgeting
- Skilled in financial analysis and financial modeling using spreadsheet and/or database software, or other analytical tools
- Skilled in process analysis and re-engineering
- Provide leadership and oversight over the following functions:
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Procurement and contracts
- Center-wide efficiency measurement and reporting
- Grant funding and related compliance requirements
- To provide effective and efficient financial support and customer service to all program and operating units of the ESC.
- To comply with all applicable federal, state and local requirements related to the financial management functions.
- Implement and maintain efficient business processes that maximize the use of current technologies
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of Business Office staff
- Participate in ESC long-term planning and provide financial forecasts under various funding scenarios
- Serve as a representative of ESC Region 13, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the educational community and with the public
- Advise ESC Region 13 leadership in the development and administration of program budgets
- Provide training to business office staff to perform their technical and customer service duties
- Be responsible for Region 13 ESC PEIMS submissions
- Be responsible for 1099 and all other federal, state and third party required financial report submissions
- Telephone, Smartphone, computer/laptop and peripherals, and other equipment as requirements change.
- Supports a positive working environment
- Willing to work prolonged or irregular hours to meet ESC needs
- Willing to travel up to 5 % of time
- Able to work in office or remotely
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required.
Frequently asked questions:
- What are my opportunities for development and advancement at Region 13? We budget in professional development for you to learn new skills and stay current with the industry. This could include attending conferences and/or enrolling in online courses. New or advanced positions are generally added based on workload growth and statewide budget decisions.
- What types of benefits does Region 13 offer? Region 13 employees pay into Teacher Retirement System of Texas (www.trs.texas.gov) and social security. Aetna is our primary healthcare provider and we offer supplemental benefits for vision, dental, etc. We offset the cost of this healthcare with a substantial employer contribution.
- How much time off does Region 13 offer? Region 13 is closed for about 25 days in observance of major holidays. Employees also receive 10 vacation days, 10 personal leave days, and 3 optional holidays. We are a 7am-6pm organization with an 8 hour work day within that timeframe, but we honor a healthy work-life balance. As workload fluctuates, you have the opportunity to take flex and telecommute days to accommodate that balance.