RALLY Assistant Site Manager (Districtwide)
Location: R.A.L.L.Y Districtwide (Glacier Valley Elementary School)
Part-Time Position (.7333 FTE)
SUMMARY: At an assigned school site, assists the RALLY Site Manager with operating the program. Leads and participates in recreational and educational activities with students. This position is based at Glacier Valley Elementary, but the employee may be re-assigned by the RALLY Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 12 semester credits in early childhood development, or courses approved by the State childcare licensing agency.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Prior experience working in a professional childcare organization preferred.
- CPR, first-aid and certificate in district-approved behavioral management techniques may be required.
- Valid Alaska driver's license required.
- Principles and practices of childcare.
- Regulatory and subsidy requirements as they affect RALLY.
- RALLY policy and procedure.
- Alaska Administrative Code for licensed childcare centers.
- Personal computers and related software.
- School district policy.
- Early childhood development.
- Child behavior management.
- Principles of supervision.
- Provide technical leadership in on-site daycare operations.
- Assist in selection and scheduling of staff.
- Establish and work to a budget.
- Plan snack menus.
- Procure program supplies and materials.
- Develop, implement, and enforce discipline strategies.
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
COMPENSATION: This is a part-time 12-month position, working 27.5 hours per week during the school year, with the possibility of working up to 37.5 hours per week when school is not in session. With a starting salary of $22.27 per hour. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints will be forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a criminal background check.