Job | Posted a month ago
|Job Title : School Counselor
||Job Type: Professional|
|Dept./School: Various Campuses - Elementary
||Wage/Hour Status: Exempt|
|Reports To: Principal
||Pay Grade: CO ($56,364 - $70,457)|
|Grade(s) /Level: PK –4th
||Days/Dates: 193 – (08/04/2020 – 06/03/2021)|
Plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive program of guidance to school assigned, including counseling services. Provide a proactive developmental guidance program to encourage all students to maximize personal growth and development.
- Master’s degree in guidance counseling
- Valid Texas counseling certificate
- Two years teaching experience required
- Three years teaching experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Guidance and Counseling
Guidance and Counseling
- Plan structured group lessons to deliver the Guidance Curriculum effectively and in accordance with students’ developmental needs.
- Involve students, teachers, and others to promote effective implementation of the Guidance Curriculum.
- Provide guidance to individuals and groups of students and parents to plan, monitor, and manage the student’s own education plans and career awareness and development.
- Provide guidance to individuals and groups of students and parents to plan, monitor, and manage the student’s own personal and social development.
- Use accepted theories and effective techniques to provide individual and/or group developmental, preventive, remedial, and/or crisis counseling.
- Consult with parents, school personnel, and other community members to increase the effectiveness of student education and promote student success.
- Consult with parents, school personnel, and other community members to promote understanding of student development, individual behavior, the student’s environment, and human relationships.
- Collaboratively provide professional expertise to advocate for individual students and specific groups of students.
- Coordinate people and other resources in the school, home, and community to promote student success.
- Use an effective referral process when referring students, parents, and/or others to special programs and services.
- Adhere to legal, ethical, and professional standards related to assessment.
- With the assistance of school personnel, interpret standardized test results and other assessment data to guide students in individual goal setting and planning.
- Plan and implement a balanced comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program that includes Guidance Curriculum, Responsive Services, Individual Planning, and System Support components.
- Evaluate and promote continuous improvement of a balanced comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program.
- Advocate the school developmental guidance and counseling program and counselors’ ethical and professional standards with school personnel, parents, students, and the community.
- Compile, maintain, and file all required physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents.
- Demonstrate professionalism, including a commitment to professional development.
- Advocate for a school environment that acknowledges and respects diversity.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships and effective communication with administrators, teachers, and other school personnel, parents, and community members.
- Adhere to legal standards including school board policies.
- Adhere to state, district, and campus standards, regulations, and procedures.
- Promote and follow ethical standards for school counselors.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Supervise assigned counseling aide(s) and clerical employee(s).
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress.
*Includes information from the Professional School Counselor Performance Evaluation Form and Job Description distributed by the Texas Education Agency, August 1996.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Employee Signature ______________________________________ Date _____________________________
Supervisor Signature _____________________________________ Date_____________________________
Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD
1060 Elbel Road, Schertz, TX 78154
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558