Working from any one of CCA’s Family Service Center, the Data Administrator will work with school staff to analyze student and program data as well as support the PIMS Administrator with state and federal reporting. This person will prepare regular reports for internal and external audiences that summarize data on students and staff including enrollment, demographics, performance, courses, etc. – including the data needed to support state and federal reporting. This individual will also prepare ad hoc reports requested by external and internal audiences often requiring a short turnaround. The ideal candidate will have experience with student level academic data, and have an expertise in translating data into informative reports for the purpose of making educational and business decisions.
- Develop and coordinate information management systems to provide efficient and effective collection, storage, and communication of student and staff data;
- Provide training and assistance to school staff and administration on data requirements and procedures;
- Interpret data and other statistical information;
- Coordinate data collection, verification, and entry processes and maintain all required records;
- Support the school PIMS Administrator in data collection and analysis
- Work with school personnel to monitor and track data for inconsistencies, research discovered inconsistencies, and develop a plan for correction and future prevention; and
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Background in Math, Statistics, Education or Social Science Research, or related field
- Advanced Excel user
- Experience in educational data collection and reporting
- Pennsylvania Information Management System (PIMS) data reporting experience a plus
- Experience interpreting academic assessment data to assist in educational/business decisions
- Experience in K-12 education
- Enthusiastic about serving students and families throughout Pennsylvania
- Comfortable with technology and experience learning new technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working with large data sets from different sources
- Practical understanding of relational databases a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed.
- Travel may be required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree or the equivalent work experience
- 4 years of relevant work experience
- SQL experience
- PIMS experience
- IEP Writer
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Power School experience
- Experience with iReady or other assessment data
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Commonwealth Charter Academy is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.