21-401 Food Service Worker
Prepares appropriate food quantities to meet menu needs and requirements while maintaining high quality standards in accordance with approved production, nutritional, sanitation and safety practices.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares meals per approved recipes, pre-established menus and supervisory instruction, ensuring quality standards are followed.
- Serves meals per approved sanitation and safe handling procedures using appropriate equipment and utensils, with established portions.
- Sets up food service areas ensuring food is kept and served at proper temperatures.
- Assists with special events as needed.
- Assists in the daily clean up and maintenance of the kitchen, service and eating areas, including food preparation equipment.
- Maintains production, inventory, food usage and daily participation control records.
- Perform food cashier duties on a daily basis.
- Responds to all related emergency situations per established guidelines.
- Responsible for ordering food and supplies to include storage and disposal of unused foods.
- Communicates with site administrators, students, staff and public regarding all food service operations.
- Receives and answers calls/inquiries from parents and staff.
- Reports all repair needs to Maintenance.
- Prepares all daily paperwork and deposits.
- May assist with various supervisory duties in supervisor’s absence (break assignments, etc.).
- Assists with training of new staff if needed. Responds to complaints and issues from staff and provides direction to junior staff as needed related to attitude and performance.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of rules and standards of cleanliness, health and safety.
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment including ovens, stoves, fryers, grills, and cleaning equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform basic reading and math skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- Ability to handle confrontation and conflict without an emotional response.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 months previous restaurant or food service experience
- Bi-lingual language skills preferred
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, bend and climb. The employee may be required to regularly lift or move up to fifty pounds.
Indoor kitchen environment with exposure to heat, and outdoor service areas in all kinds of conditions and temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet to moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have contact with employees, external agencies and the public.
$12.23/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
9 month position - hours vary
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY