Teacher - 0.5 Reading Specialist
2020-2021 School Year
Various Elementary Schools
Job Summary: The Reading Specialist will provide reading instruction to elementary school students. The Reading Specialist will implement approved policies and programs of the school, facilitate reading instruction, maintain and enhance the school's standing in the community through the elementary activities, and fulfill such other duties associated with the elementary school program as the administration may assign.
- 3.75 hours/day, 189 days/year
- There is currently one position open at each of the following elementary schools; Rohrerstown Elementary, Farmdale Elementary and Mountville Elementary.
- Current PA Reading Specialist Certification
- Deep knowledge of reading, writing and literacy development
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills
- Interpersonal skills (communication, problem solving, conflict management, collaboration) to share research based instructional approaches with teachers and administrators and provide advice
- Strong organizational skills
- Current PA Criminal History background check
- Current Federal Criminal background check
- Current Child Abuse background check
Interested candidates should submit an online application. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until filled.